We are going to try and compile a list of Frequently Asked Questions and provide the answers here. We pray that the devotees bless us in our services.
1. Can I use this website free of cost ?
Yes it is free to use for all necessary services.
2. Can I donate something ?
It is said by the wise that expressing gratitude makes us worthy to receive more. In giving more we receive more.
We can always use money you donate to improve the website and also to pay to continue the service.
One can express his appreciation by words, time, actions or money.
You can offer to help in many ways as per your ability. Please write to us on the Contact Us form. You may also Whatsapp the number given below.
You may pay our many service providers directly rather than send money to us – this increases transparency, saves time and gives you control on how your donation will be used.
YOU CAN ALSO OFFER SERVICE TO THE COWS & BULLS IN MAYAPUR – PLEASE WRITE TO US
3. Can I change my USERNAME – First Name – Last Name – Nickname – Display Name – and also Edit my Profile ?
Yes you may change everything – you just have to first Login – then look at the links on your right – they will point you on how to change your picture, username, profile visibility settings, email notifications etc
click the Edit Profile link on the left side – below where your photo should be – if you have not done so – upload your Picture by clicking – Change Profile Photo on the top left.
and you can then change all your details easily.
4. Why are some devotees not responding to my messages ?
They are probably busy and have not seen it – in other cases they may not be interested – and are shy to decline. You can contact the Counselor whose number they may have given or ask the website admin team to help you.
5. Can I message many devotees and propose marriage – one of them may become interested ? If I write to them one by one – I may lose a lot of time !!!
It is not proper etiquette to stay in contact with many devotees for marriage at the same time.
- What if all of them become interested in you ?
- Also if devotees communicate with one another – and remember the devotee community is very very small – you could be branded a flirt – or as someone who is just wasting time.
Please depend on Krishna – approach a devotee you like – start communicating – if they do not write back within a reasonable time, then write back – saying you are now going to start a discussion with another devotee. This way you are always following proper Vaisnava behavior.
6. Should I upload a photo – a real photo of my face ?
Yes – we recommend this – specially if you are a male devotee.
Ladies can consult with their superiors and then decide to put up a photo. We do not compel ladies – matajis to upload photos of themselves. This is their choice.
If a male devotee is so shy that he is unwilling to put a photo of his – then
- people may think this is a fake profile
- or that this person is too shy to get married
- or that the intentions of this person may not be noble
- BUT you can display the contacts of your Counselor and or Parents – and request the girl’s family or well wishers to contact you. This way you can express your seriousness and sincerity without showing your photo.
7. Can I put more photos of my life, my friends etc ?
Yes – this is useful. This helps others to see what kind of a life you have. You can do so in this way
- Go to Edit Profile – how do you go there ? On the right hand side – there are Profile Links
- In Edit Profile – go to My Gallery Links. In the URL box – enter the URL link to your photos which you have uploaded (please upload if you have not) in Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket etc.
Now you can save your Profile – and then your photos will be visible on the right hand side and in other places.
See this profile to see how this has been done –
8. Can I put a photo or Krishna or Radha or some devotional photo as my Profile Photo – Main Photo ?
No. Sorry, please avoid doing this. This website is for devotees of Krishna. It is meant to help others to see your face, to know you more etc. If you want to put pictures of Krishna & Radha and other devotional pictures – you can do so on the My Gallery Links on your profile. For this you have to upload photos as described in Point 7 above.
See this profile to see how this has been done –
9. I cannot be seen in Search Results or on Recently Active Members. Why ?
This maybe because you have not uploaded your real picture on your Profile Page or your profile is not yet approved or because you have not verified your email id. Check your email for this. Contact us in case of doubt.
10. I am unable to login at times – I get a FORBIDDEN error – why is this ?
- firstly try to login after a short while. chant a few rounds of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra while you wait. By the grace of the Lord you will be able to find a good spouse.
- you can try to delete the cache from your browser or use a different browser.
- please try using a different computer. it is possible that your computer may have overused the site and some firewall or protection mechanism has blocked your ip address.
- you tried with an incorrect user name and password too many times – wait for sometime
i wish you all the best. Our request is that you do not click too fast on the site – and not use it for too long at one time. take it easy.
We have a strong firewall and protection because the site is being attacked by many bots and spammers. Thank you and all the best.
11. How do I deactivate my account?
But before we do so – we have a request – we need some information from you & after that we need your blessings. We are offering this service free of charge to devotees. We want to make it better over time. So please tell us why you want to leave us – is it because
- You got engaged or married – if so please share the good news with us – and write a testimonial – this will inspire others on the website to also find their life partner.
- You had a bad experience with us – someone on the website behaved badly with you – or some of the features were not upto your expectations. In such a case – we apologize. We would like to have your Feedback so that we can rectify things – make them better. Please let us know – so we can improve the service.
- If you become irritated with the behaviour of someone else who uses this website – then you are making them more powerful. Best is you complain about the person, block him or her and carry on your search for your Soulmate.
- Please DO NOT GIVE your personal contact details, email id, address, mobile number etc to anyone – unless you know them well enough. Some people may misuse your trust and may even take money from you or trouble you. Be careful – all online entities are not Saintly.
I hope your experience with us has been good – if we made any mistakes – please forgive us – and tell us – and then we will try to improve it. We sincerely seek your blessings to be able to serve Lord Krishna and His devotees nicely. Hare Krishna
12. Success stories – Why are they not regularly updated ?
Sadly some people forget to let us know when they get married. This happens because marriage is a big turning point in a person’s life and they can forget the existence of this website quite rapidly. The fault is ours, we are not in regular touch with each member and are unable to provide much personalised service. Please forgive our lapses – and please inform us when you get married. Kindly send us your marriage or engagement photos and a small note – we will upload it on the website – so that everyone can get inspired by your good fortune. Please do not be shy – this is part of your service to the community of devotees. You will get the blessings of everyone – and you will also inspire many aspiring marriage candidates.
You can see some of the Success stories here
13. My photos that I uploaded to the Gallery are missing – why is this ? Where can I find them ?
We are sorry for this trouble – but unfortunately to save this website from overload and some other issues – we cannot allow upload of many photos onto this website. However you can easily upload many photos onto sites like flickr, photbucket, picasa etc and link them here. Your photos will be beautifully displayed as a slideshow on your profile page. To do this please see the answer to Question 7 above.
14. I WANT TO SEARCH FOR A PROPER MATCH – HOW CAN I DO THIS ?
How to search for a devotee
Firstly chant Hare Krishna & receive blessings of the Lord.
Then do the following.
Click the Devotee Search button on the top right next to Success Stories & Feedback.
Once you click it then it will open a page – wait and pray as it opens fully.
On the page you will see
+ Quick Search
+ Search by Age
+ Search by Age & Country of Residence now
+ Detailed Search for the right Devotee
All Members …
Below will be the List of Members –
THIS WEBSITE HAS THE LARGEST NUMBER OF DEVOTEE PROFILES – CLOSE TO 10,000 MEMBERS.
Select the Search criteria which is important for you – The Detailed Search is probably best for exact things you need.
Once you click it – the Box will expand – to show your search criteria.
Then Press Search – and finally the page will open with List of Members as per your Search.
It will look like something like this depending on your Search
All Members (….)
YOU CAN ORDER THE MEMBERS BY – Last Active or Newest Registered
You can open the website on your Mobile or Tablet and also use it.
It may also be a wise idea to involve a senior devotee or Counselor in your search. Love can be blind (at times) – so best to have another pair of eyes. An experienced person can help you make a better decision – so that you dont have to regret a choice made in haste.
All the best